We know how important it is to understand what the Affordable Care Act offers. There are new benefits, rights and protections that affect you, your family and your business. For this reason, we want to provide a comprehensive guide that will assist you in further understanding what the bill offers, so you can make well-informed decisions.
ObamaCare helps consumers obtain health insurance by offering new coverage options, helping those who can’t afford it and putting in place strong protections.
New reforms include:
- Young adults can stay on their plans until 26.
- Insurance companies cannot drop you when you are sick.
- There can be no gender discrimination in costs.
- Insurance companies must cover people with pre-existing conditions.
- There are no annual or lifetime dollar limits.
- And more…
The official ObamaCare enrollment period ended on March 31, 2014. Important Notice: Its urgent, to avoid future fines and penalties, to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Health Care Act.
Connecticut Individuals & Families: Find out the most cost efficient healthcare insurance for you.
You have access to these benefits through the Health Insurance Marketplace, which offers federally regulated and subsidized health insurance.
The Marketplace can help if you don’t have coverage now or if you have it but want to look at other options. For the state of Connecticut, you can visit Accesshealthct.com to access yours!
The Marketplace or Exchange gives consumers the opportunity to compare prices and plans before applying. When you follow the application process, you can also learn if you can get lower costs based on your income while comparing your coverage options side-by-side. Thanks to this system, you can choose the combination of price and benefits that fits your budget and meets your needs. Enrolling through the Exchange is easy and fast.
If you have any questions or concerns, take advantage of this free Obama Care Guide.
ObamaCare has already produced major changes in the state of Connecticut.
- Aside from being able to call 1-(800)-318-2596 to reach the official heath care marketplace, you can also call a separate line for Connecticut residents and reach someone deeply familiar with all of your state-specific laws. That number is (855)-805-4325.
- When accessing https://www.accesshealthct.com be sure to utilize one of the following browsers for the best results: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Safari, Opera and/or Google Chrome.
- Use only one window and only one tab in your browser. The site will not work properly if you try to navigate between tabs and pages.
- You can upload documents that are necessary to qualify for helpful discounts on your insurance premium by saving it as a .pdf or a .bmp. Each document must be no more than 2 MB or less.
- IF you need to reach the enrollment center by mail, use the following address:
- Access Health CT
P.O. Box 670
Manchester, CT 06045-0670
If you need help in another language, utilize the following link for more assistance: https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/DisplayAssistanceSearch?activetab=help