Because of the Affordable Care Act, Alaska residents who have insurance have more choices and stronger coverage than ever before and Alaska residents who don’t have insurance or have, but are not satisfied with it, have new rights, protections and benefits.
Things you should know:
- The new law makes prescription drugs affordable for seniors.
- The bill brings an end to discrimination for pre-existing conditions.
- ObamaCare covers preventive services with no deductible or co-pay.
- ObamaCare brings new coverage options for young adults.
- The ACA removes lifetime limits on health benefits.
The new online Health Insurance Marketplace provides individuals, families and small businesses who are looking for a new way to find health coverage that fits their needs and their budgets.
The official ObamaCare enrollment period ended on March 31, 2014. Important Notice: Its urgent, to avoid future fines and penalties, to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Health Care Act.
Alaska Individuals & Families: Find out the most cost efficient healthcare insurance for you.
The 80/20 Rule
Health insurance companies now have to spend at least 80 cents of your premium dollar on health care or improvements to care, or provide you a refund when you file your taxes.
The health care law promotes better health by increasing support for community health centers and investing in the primary care workforce.
The health care law increases the funding available to community health centers nationwide to:
- Help enroll uninsured Americans in the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Support ongoing health center operations.
- Hire more workers.
- Expand services.
- Establish new health center sites.
- Support major capital improvement projects.
Investments are also used by The National Health Service Corps to repay educational loans and provide scholarships to primary care physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, behavioral health providers, and other primary care providers who practice in areas of the country that have too few health care professionals.
To explore health insurance options access the Marketplace by visiting HealthCare.org