HOW LONG CAN CHILDREN STAY ON MY HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY?
The official ObamaCare enrollment period ends on January 31, 2017. Important Notice: Its urgent, to avoid future fines and penalties, to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Health Care Act.
Maryland Individuals & Families: Find out the most cost efficient healthcare insurance for you.
Under the health care law, if your plan covers children, you can now add or keep your children on your health insurance policy until they turn 26 years old.
CAN MY CHILDREN BE DENIED COVERAGE IF THEY HAVE ASTHMA OR DIABETES?
No. Under the new health reform, insurers can no longer deny coverage to children because of a pre-existing condition, like asthma or diabetes. Health insurers will no longer be able to charge more or deny coverage to anyone because of a pre-existing condition.
WHERE DOES THE FUNDING GO IN THE COMMUNITIES?
Under ObamaCare, funding is increased to promote better health and services in all communities.
The funds are used to:
- Support ongoing health center operations.
- Establish new health center sites.
- Expand services.
- Support major capital improvement projects.
- Help enroll uninsured Americans in the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Hire more workers.
- To repay educational loans and provide scholarships to primary care physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, behavioral health providers, and other primary care providers who practice in areas of the country that have too few health care professionals.