The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is the national health reform, which includes new responsibilities and opportunities for employers.
The bill provides incentives to help make offering health insurance coverage to workers easier and, in some cases, more affordable.
The official ObamaCare enrollment period ended on March 31, 2014. Important Notice: Its urgent, to avoid future fines and penalties, to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Health Care Act.
Nevada Individuals & Families: Find out the most cost efficient healthcare insurance for you.
What you need to know
Businesses with 50 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees can use the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) to offer coverage to their employees.
Through SHOP you control the coverage you offer and how much you pay toward premium costs.
Although there is no tax penalty for small businesses it is valuable to offer good health insurance to employees.
Good benefits can help retain and attract the best employees for your business.
How it Works
- Employers start by selecting the small business option, which will take you to our SHOP.
- Create an account by entering your company name, tax ID and address, and creating a password.
- Enter your company and employee details.
- Nevada Health Link will provide a list of plans available in the area(s) your business operates.
- You can use the side-by-side comparison tool and an employer contribution calculator to narrow your choices.
- Select the plan or plans of preference and notify your employees via email, so they are able to enroll.
- Employees should log on and choose a plan from the options you selected.
- Nevada Health Link has a wide variety of plans available from different carriers.
- The health insurance plans available through SHOP are run by private health insurance companies.
- You’ll be able to manage all of your health insurance transactions and updates through your account on NevadaHealthLink.com.
- You will receive one bill regardless of how many different plans your employees chose.
You can get insurance through the choices provided by your employer or by visiting the Individuals & Families Marketplace.
If you are an employer or employee with questions please call (855) 768 5465.